Sunday, October 3, 2010

Music To My Mind

Music is for the ears or perhaps for the soul. But there are some songs or rather lines from some songs which strike a chord with the mind. This thought stems from 'I Want To Break Free' from my previous post. Its rather random. But there are these lines which play again and again in my head when I am in 'that mood'.

So here go some of my favourite lines...

1. This one is from 'Outside' by Staind for the sombre times - "I can see through you. Inside you are ugly. Ugly like me."

2. When I am down and out there is 'Vienna' by Billy Joel - "But if you're so smart tell me why are you still so afraid?"

3. And 'Tubthumping' by Chumbawamba when I want to recover from that dejection - "I get knocked down. But I get up again."

4. Escapist thoughts are reinforced via 'Fast Car' by Tracy Chapman - "We leave tonight or live and die this way."

5. For existentialist issues another of Staind's song 'Its Been Awhile' - "I have gone and fucked things up again."

Its a trashy post. But its been playing on my mind for a long long time. I just needed to get it out of my head. Now I know my musical abilities are so limited. I simply get stuck with the lines. So sing on or should I say croak on.

4 comments:

  1. really nice idea for a post.. it should have been much longer though.
    My personal favourite is Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve
    "You're a slave to money then you die."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Hersh. But this was just getting stuck in my head so had to let it out without any further delay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not a bad idea for a post at all.
    You can perhaps add a few more songs and a little more description of each. You could also add youtube links to each song :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "People talking without speaking, people hearing without listening."

    "How can the life of such a man, be in the palm of some fool's hands?"

    "Cause in my head there’s a greyhound station
    Where I send my thoughts to far off destinations."

    AND THE EPIC:
    "And I cannot guess what we'll discover
    When we turn the dirt with our palms cupped like shovels
    But I know our filthy hands can wash one another’s
    And not one speck will remain."

    ReplyDelete